July 15, 2010

Finishing 'Austin' today!

It's about 9 am when I write this and I know that by tonight my Austin piece will be finished. I spend yesterday cleaning up all of the gel pieces and about half of them are already on the canvas. It might seem weird that I know for sure that the piece will be finished tonight but thats how it works for me in this stage. I just know that when I start working things will start falling into place. 
What I like best about this stage is that when I start working now I can start by just putting the pieces of the puzzle together it is quite a soothing process which helps me get into the piece so I can finish it with the final layer of paint that knits everything together. Somehow halfway through the day the piece will start to live a life of its own and I will just be along for the ride! Allonz-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment