August 16, 2010

Crazy Weekend

Ok, so I've got to tell you guys about my crazy weekend. I spent my weekend flying up and down to San Antonio TX to pick up my art work. As most of you probably know I used to live in TX and I was represented by a small gallery in Corsicana, about an hours drive from DFW. When I left TX in early 2009 I left about 15 pieces at the gallery to be shown. But now it was time for them to come home so I contacted the owner who had since then moved to Rockport, a small village on the Gulf Coast of TX, near Corpus Christi. She picked up my artwork at the gallery and dropped it off at the local UPS store in Rockport to have it sent over here to Canada. It all seemed to go according to plan until I heard that it would cost me about $700,- to have my paintings packed and shipped. Since I don't really have $700,- lying around I decided that it would be cheaper to use some of my collected miles to fly to TX and pick it up myself, so that's what I did.
On friday morning I was at the airport at 4 am to catch a flight to San Antonio, TX. I arrived there around noon, picked up my rental car and drove 3 and a half hours to Rockport where a lovely lady at the UPS store helped me load all my stuff in the car. I then drove all the way back to San Antonio where I spend the night in a hotel in downtown. I managed to grab a quick dinner on the riverwalk before I went back to the hotel, I did after all, have to pack 15 paintings so that I could take them with me on the plane without paying a huge amount for extra baggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment