January 07, 2011

Toronto...

This past week has been spent mostly on finishing the first stages of Toronto. This is going to be a bigger piece so it involved puzzling multiple prints into single buildings, something I haven' actually done before. I'm eager to see how it's going to turn out. I've had a lot of fun with the first stages of this piece and I'm looking forward to finishing it. All the elements are being copied at the moment so next week I'll be putting the gel on.

In the mean time I'm busy prepping my 6 wood panels for my little series of yellow cabs that I've planned on staring. I'll be starting work on that while the 'Toronto' pieces are drying. I'm really looking forward to that. The plan is to make six pieces with yellow cabs as the main subject. I want to try and do something a little more abstract so we'll have to see how that is going to turn out. For now it;'s back to the Gesso though, I've at least two more layers to go before I can use those wood panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment