May 30, 2011

Back home and ready to paint!

I’m back home from our little trip to the States, we had some amazing weather and were able to see a lot. Granted, the paces we visited were not new to me and since we had someone along who had never been there we did all the touristy things again but it was fun anyways. We even got to visit some of the museums in DC and we went to Georgetown, if only for dinner.

Now that I’m back I am very eager to get back to work, my F1 project is begging to be finished and I am very eager to go out and shoot some material for my boroughs project. I do however still have a guest in the house for another week.

Usually I love working from home but at times like this I wish I had my studio elsewhere. I just find it very hard to concentrate when I know there’s someone in the house (someone other then my husband that is). I am very protective of my creative space, I do not like to let people in there, especially when I’m in the middle of a piece. I know this sounds kind of weird, especially since in this case the piece I’m working on has been used for my presentation at the Beaconsfield Artists’ Association, so there’s a lot of people who have already seen it in several stages of un-doneness. That may be the case but I still don’t feel comfortable letting people see it now. 

This makes my situation at the moment a bit difficult because I am so eager to get to work on the piece and to finish it, but I’m not entirely comfortable doing so at the moment because I’m not alone.  But not being alone isn’t going to stop me! I am going to get it there, turn up the radio and block out the outside. There’s just going to be me and my painting and nobody is going to interfere today!

No comments:

Post a Comment