June 07, 2011

Finished my Formula One project



I have finally done it! My Formula One project is finished, the piece is called ‘Montreal Grand Prix’. Quite some time has gone by since I started this project, way more time then it usually takes me to finish a piece. This was a challenging piece fore more then one reason. First of all this piece started out with more then 4000 pictures as material so there was a lot of sorting to do. Then there was the fact that the piece needed to work for an artists presentation which meant that I needed to be able to show several staged of my work process. That’s why I decided to do the piece on three separate panels. The fact that I had to be aware of the different stages as I was creating the piece and the fact that I had to leave the panels all in different stages of done-ness made the process slow going. 

It is actually perfect timing for this piece to be finished since the next Grand Prix of Montreal will be held this weekend. I am very excited to be attending again this year, I will probably be shooting a lot of photographs again. It’ll be interesting to see if i will be beating the staggering amount of 4000 photographs I took last year. Maybe I will even create a second Formula One project in the future, who knows.

Now that all my visitors have gone life can get back to normal, time to et back into the studio. Although this week will again result into little studio time. Yesterday I spent the entire day at the Yes Artist’s Conference, networking and listening to inspiring people talk about their careers and giving great advice. Wednesday I have my monthly meeting with my coach which is in downtown so I’ll be gone most of the day as well. Maybe I’ll have tome to finally check out the Belgo Building. And on Thursday the F1 circus begins, three and a half days on the track! Fun times. That leaves today to get some stuff done. First I’ll update the site and then I have to do some shopping otherwise we won’t have any dinner tonight. But after that... studio time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment