April 17, 2012

Street lights and trash cans

I just came back from my first Borough photography session of the year, I had forgotten how much fun it is to go out and discover a whole new part of the city this way. Cote-St-Luc was on the agenda for today, a borough that I hadn’t really been to before. The weather was beautiful, if a bit windy, which made it a perfect day for photographing. I did most of it by car although I did walk around a bit as well. Cote-St-Luc is mostly a residential area with a lot of high rises at it’s centre. I keep being amazed by the distinctly different atmospheres that each borough has to offer. 


The distinct street lights and trash cans were something that really jumped out to me for this borough. The boroughs in this part of the city are fairly small and close together so while driving around Cote-St-Luc I ventured into a different borough a couple of times and it would immediately be obvious that I had left Cote-St-luc just by looking at the street lights. The street signs is another very distinctive thing for each borough, they all have different shapes, sizes and colours.


When I was finished with my photo session I drove through Montreal Ouest, one of the boroughs that I haven’t visited yet and I immediately got excited for my next photography trip! This is probably one of the smallest boroughs on the island of Montreal bit it has big character. I can’t wait to go out there and explore! 





No comments:

Post a Comment