November 24, 2015

No rest for the wicked!



Special Announcement:

Subscribe to my mailing list and get 10% discount in my Etsy store

(offer valid until Dec. 31, 2015)

It's busy, busy, busy here in the studio! now that I know I am going to be part of the Artist Project 2016 there are So many things that need to be done! Big boring things like researching insurance, transportation, taxes and packaging materials. But also fun things, like planning new compositions and painting new paintings. I have decided that I have to finish at least 17 more painting before the show in February so no pressure! :) I've already started working on some new compositions, cities like Leiden, Haarlem, San Diego, LA and Rome are on the list but if they will all get a painting I don't know yet. We will see, we will see!

I am a very lucky girl though because I won't have to do all the preparation by myself. As always I have my wonderfully supportive husband to help me, and this time there are two artist friends of mine who will also be exhibiting at the show; Jono Dorion and Louis-Bernard St-Jean. This means we can pull our resources, yay! We had our first strategy meeting yesterday and I'm feeling a lot more confident about getting everything done :) I'm still a bit stressed but at least I feel like I have an idea of what needs to be done, that always helps, if I have my list I'm good :)

In other news, it's snowing in Montreal! We've has some wet flurries a couple of weeks ago but this is the first real snow, yay! the world outside is white and pretty again :) It's only the first snow so it'll probably melt again before the real winter starts but still :)

Time to get back to work, thanks for reading!
Denise Buisman Pilger - Artist Abroad



No comments:

Post a Comment