January 21, 2018

Fun filled weeks



I can't believe we're almost at the end of January already! Time flies when you're having fun! I've been working hard on my Japanese language studies, sensei told me there is going to be a test this week, so I'll have to put I some extra hours this week! I also had my fist calligraphy class of the year last week, which was awesome. This time I learned how to write Wa Ka Sei Jaku, which means Harmony, Respect, Purity and Tranquility, a good one to start the new year with! It was quite tricky though, since this phrase consists out of four different Kanji so you not only have to worry about the balance of each individual character, but also the balance of all four of them on the page. My goal is to make this into a hanging scroll but I'll definitely need some additional practice before I can move forward with that!


I managed to spend some quality time in the studio, as I mentioned in my previous post,  am currently working on 5 new pieces! They're all in the finishing stages now so I have been eager to spend some quality time with them! I expect to finish at least one of them this week :)

I'll also have my first Yamato-e class of the year this upcoming Friday and I have plans to experience some Japanese art at the museum with friends tomorrow. It is shaping up to be a full and exciting week! 

1 comment: